Seeking Student Member Volunteers for APRN Midwest Conference
The ISAPN Board of Directors is looking for ISAPN student member volunteers!
Being a volunteer is an excellent opportunity to build your network. As a student volunteer, you can meet and network with APRNs from around the state.
Don’t miss your chance! We are seeking seven volunteers. This is a first come, first serve opportunity. We need three volunteers for Thursday, three for Friday, and one for Saturday.
The conference will be taking place in-person October 5-7 at the DoubleTree in Lisle.
What is in it for you?
Being an SV can be an enriching experience. You will get to meet incredible people and make connections. In return for helping us for one day of the conference, you will also have:
- Free registration to the conference, including the opportunity to listen to presentations (it covers conference fees but not travel or accommodation expenses). - THIS SAVES YOU UP TO $400
- All conference meals.
- An opportunity to network with other students and leading APRNs.
We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and friendly people. You must be a current ISAPN student member, currently enrolled APRN program that leads to your initial APRN license. Licensed APRNs are not eligible.
What will I do as a volunteer?
As an SV, we ask you to:
- Attend the orientation session before the conference
- Attend the entire conference and be willing to participate fully in the educational sessions and activities during the times you are not assigned tasks.
- Show up on time to assigned tasks
Assignments include activities such as:
Monitoring Session Rooms
- starting and ending the sessions
- help the presenters
- report and/or solve technical problems during the talks
- Assist attendees with the CE evaluation process
Work the registration/information desk
- Helping attendees with the event app
- providing information about the conference to attendees
- helping with traffic flow
- running errands
- provide general assistance to keep the conference running smoothly.
HOW TO APPLY -
Send an email to Susan Swart at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest, what school you attend, and when you anticipate graduating.